Brut Franciacorta

Brut Franciacorta


From the heart of the Franciacorta hills, Brut Santus was born. A brut unlike the others thanks to the late harvest which has allowed it to obtain ripe grapes, to enhance the wonderful terroir from where they arrive, capturing the essence of the wonderful place that is Franciacorta.
Harvested exclusively by hand, the grapes, 80% Chardonnay and the remaining 20% Pinot Noir, are then transferred to wood winemaking, with a long stay on the lees to create a better and superior class Brut Santus.

BRUT FRANCIACORTA

  • Vintage: 2013
  • Area of vineyard: ha 9,5
  • Agronomist: Gianfranco Pagano and Pierluigi Donna
  • Enologist: Alessandro Santini
  • Type of soil: morenic
  • Grapes: chardonnay 80% – pinot nero 20%
  • Vine training technique: spurred cordon
  • Vine density per hectare: 5950
  • Yield per hectare: 8000 Kg
  • Winemaking: soft pressing, maceration on the skins, alcoholic and malolactic fermentation take place part in thermoconditioned stainless steel tank and part in French oak barriques.
  • Ageing: 6 months in stainless steel and part in French oak barriques
  • Bottle ageing on lees: minimum 21 months
  • Sugar residue: 6 g / L
  • Features: golden yellow, elegant, of great texture and persistence, with notes of ripe fruit and citrus fruit. The palate is creamy, savoury and complex.
  • Matching: Ideal as an aperitif but because of its complexity and structure, it is well suited to be enjoyed with all meals with first courses, fish, white meats and cheeses
  • Serving temperature: 8-10 ° c
  • Sulphites: total sulphur dioxide less than 59 mg / L (law limit 185 mg / L)l